Common Wealth Book ClubInfo
Common Wealth Book Club
Common Wealth’s Book Club is starting on Nov 1 in Cardiff!
We will be reading Brittle with Relics: A History of Wales, 1962–97 by Richard King – inspired by our new project ‘We No Longer Talk’ which explores Welsh Language & Class – and a hunger to learn more about contemporary Welsh history, people & politics.
How it works:
– We will read as a group weekly between 12pm-1pm every Wednesday at Llanrumney Hall, Ball Road, CF3 4JJ.
– We like to read aloud and listen. You’re invited to read with us or just enjoy listening to all the different voices reading.
– We’ll spend some of the hour discussing what we’ve discovered from the book.
– We won’t expect any homework reading (you can do this in your own time, if you like)
– We will have a couple of books in the office we can pass around and share (you are welcome to buy your own if you like)
– We will create an open space, where dialogue and questions are welcomed and discussed
– no question is a stupid question.
– There will be biscuits, sometimes cake and plenty of tea & coffee.
– We can support any transport/ access needs just give us a shout and we can work out best way to support you.
If you’d like to come along please RSVP by emailing Chantal [email protected]